FDA Cleared TMS Therapy is a non-invasive treatment of depression. It uses magnetic pulses to stimulate areas of the brain that are underactive in depression.
With over 3 million treatments delivered, NeuroStar® TMS is a FDA-cleared, non-drug, and safe treatment for depression.
How Does TMS Therapy for Depression
Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) targets key areas of the brain that are underactive in people with depression. A magnet similar in strength to that used in a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machine stimulates nerve cells thought to control mood. It is proven safe and effective for patients with depression who have not benefited from antidepressant medication. Long term remission is possible with NeuroStar TMS.
NeuroStar TMS Therapy Has Proven Results
For many people, depression symptoms significantly improved or went away after 4 to 6 weeks of treatment with NeuroStar Advanced Therapy.
According to NeuroStar, the leading manufacturer of TMS devices:
58% of Patients Experienced Significant Improvement.
37% of Patients Achieved Remission of Depression Symptoms.
Advantages & Benefits of TMS Therapy
- FDA-cleared since 2008
- No side effects of drugs
- Long-lasting symptom relief
- Over 3 million treatments delivered
- Covered by most insurance
- Not ECT (electroconvulsive therapy)
What to Expect During Treatment
- You’ll recline comfortably in the treatment chair
- A small, curved magnetic coil will be positioned lightly on your head
- NeuroStar delivers focused magnetic stimulation directly to the target areas of the brain
- You’ll hear a clicking sound and feel a tapping sensation on your head
- You can resume normal activities immediately
- No effects on alertness or memory
Yang Institute is among the first mental health practices that have applied TMS Depression Therapy since 2008. By incorporating Acupuncture, Advanced Nutrient Therapy, Neurofeedback, and meditation into TMS therapy, Yang Institute has achieved much higher remission rates than average and has helped numerous patients and families regain hope and happiness.
"I have had many years of persistent anxiety and depression since I was 12 years old. I missed a lot of experiences as a teenager and a young adult. TMS was my last hope, and all the people at Yang made me feel very comfortable during my treatment. I’ve made almost a full recovery. I feel very confident and much happier now." ~ Rachel
Please contact Yang Institute for a free consultation.